The Nose or the Conspiracy of the Mavericks
- Director: Andrey Khrzhanovsky
- Scriptwriters: Yury Arabov, Andrey Khrzhanovsky
- Author of the music compilation upon the music pieces of D.D.Shostakovitch and film-director Andrey
- Sketches: Marina Azizyan
- Art-directors: Marina Azizyan, Alexandra Pavlova, Alexander Khramtsov, Varya Yakovleva
- And also: Alexander Boim, Anastassia Sembon, Mikhail Tumelya
- Artists-animators: Stepan Biryukov, Yekaterina Boykovam, Andrey Voloshin, Fazil Gasanov, Dmitry Ivanov, Natalia Marchenkova, Lidia Mayatnikova, Alla Soloviova, Anastassia Sembon, Mikhail Tumelya, Natalia Fedosova, Alexander Khramtsov, Varya Yakovleva
- Director of photography: Igor Skidan-Bosin
- Sound director: Artem Fadeyev
- Artists: Zalina Bideyeva, Stepan Biryukov, Darya Gosteva, Leisan Iskandarova, Maria Korzhova, Alexandra Pavlova, Alexander Panov, Anastassia Savelieva, Anastassia Toropova, Anna Shveigolz, Varya Yakovleva
- Artists-assistants: Anna Gantimurova, Asya Kazanovskaya
- Editors: Taissia Krugovykh, Ilya Tomashevich, Veronika Utkina
- Computergraphic: Dmitry Kurman
- With the participation of Maxim Dolzhansky
- Clean-up: Vladimir Yanushevich, Dmitry Chekhomov, Yury Nazarov, Dina Gurova, Vasily Efremov, Svetlana Manasevich
- Supervision: Mikhail Tumelya
- Consultants Anatoly Levin, Olga Dombrovskaya
- Voices: Andrey Khrzhanovsky
- Music: Dmitry Shostakovitch, Rossini, Verdi
- Executive producer: Nikolay Makovsky, Alexander Sharapanovsky
The film tells about the tragic period in the history of Russia in the first half of the 20th century, about the great terror of Stalin. The director combines historical sets, biographies and masterpieces of Russian avant-garde artists, composers and writers during the difficult period of totalitarianism.
It is based on two greatest creations of the Russian genius.
A short story “The Nose” by Nikolai Gogol and an opera “The Nose” upon the Gogol’s novel by the great Russian composer Dmitri Shostakovich.
The film can be defined as “polygenre”, as it combines elements
of drama, essay, biopic and tragedy, musical film and grotesque.
It includes almost every known kinds of film art: animation,
documentary, fiction, computer graphics, etc.